Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Obey your parents

Read: Exodus 20:1-17
"Mia, I need you to take Adam to the park." said Mom
"Why can`t my twin Sam do it? I`m going to Lydia`s to help her pack for the sleep over." whined Mia
"Because Sam is going with your Dad to help him repair that pipe of Mrs.Waters that broke, its already been 2 days and your Dad should have repaired it when she asked, Understand?"
(sigh) "Alright. Hey Adam why don`t we play at Brian`s house?" said Mia. And Lydia`s house thought Mia as she happily putting Adam`s shoes on him Oh and I will not have to watch him, because Mrs.Gibson my Sunday school teacher has always loved watching him and I won`t need to explain everything to Lydia. Its perfect and Mom will not know a thing about it.
"Mom?"
"Yes, Mia?"
"I`m taking Adam for a walk, OK?"
"OK."
When they got to his friends house Adam ran inside shouting "Brian, I have come to play with you for 2 hours, Ok."
Lydia came running down the stairs saying as she ran "Hi Mia. Your Mom called to say you were not coming cause you had to watch Adam."
"Oh, Well I brought him to play with Brian. Because I wanted to see you but my Mom would not let me."
"Alright. We can get my Mom to watch them."
"Alright."
"Come on up stairs I don`t know what to wear to the sleep over. Is any one else going to come?"
"No and I know exactly what you should wear."

2 hours later

"Lets go and put your stuff up stairs." said Mia as they went inside her house.
"Mia, is that you?"
"Yeah, Mom?"
"You are grounded for 2 weeks, young lady."
"Why?"
"Because you lied to me and said you and Adam were going on a walk when you were going to Lydia`s house."
"How did you find out?"
"I had called Mrs.Gibson and told her you were not coming. So she just called me to say you guys were on your way here from her house."

Have you ever lied to your parents?
If you have ask their forgiveness and then ask God to forgive your sins.

Memorize:
Exodus 20:16
"You shall not Lie."

No comments: